Our goals for 2020 are ambitious, and we’re not wasting any time. We will take back the Presidency from Donald Trump, ensure the reelection of our local elected officials in Illinois, and support Democrats running for office in the districts of our MAP partners across the Midwest.
We’ve been working for three years to prepare for 2020, and we’re ready. We have the relationships and infrastructure to put our volunteers in the best position to make a real difference in critical races that we need to win.
Because we’ve been organizing Evanstonians to help Democrats win for over 50 years, we know that the best way to win elections is to talk to voters. Our calls have made the difference in tight elections, which is why we’ve started calling into important districts now. As the year goes on, we will add more phonebanks and canvasses, so check our calendar and Facebook page regularly to see what we have planned.
If you want your volunteer hours to matter, join us this year. There’s too much at stake not to get involved, and your time and effort will make a difference.
Message from Committeeman Kelly
March 29th 2020
I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy during this period of social distancing. We are grateful for the leadership of all of our local officials from Illinois, including our Congresswoman, Jan Schakowsky, who traveled back to Washington D.C. at the last minute to secure the passage of the CARE Act.
In addition, Jan has created a Wellness Check program that provides us with the opportunity to check in with vulnerable neighbors and put them in touch with resources. If you would like to call your neighbors to see how they are doing, you can sign up for the program here.
My best to you and your loved ones.
– Committeeman Eamon Kelly
If you have extra time while you are sheltering-at-home, here are 5 Ways to Take Action Right Now:
- Complete your census form and check with friends and family to make sure that they have completed their forms too.
- Check in with vulnerable seniors with Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky.
- Volunteer to help out your neighbors through the City of Evanston’s COVID-19 Response Volunteer Portal, Evanston Aid or the ETHS Student Union Covid-19 Response.
- Call Democrats in Wisconsin to make sure they vote in their special election on April 7 with Swing Left.
- Send postcards for upcoming special elections with Postcards to Voters.