Environmental Action Group
Chair: Bob Heuer
With 35 consecutive years of membership in Arbor Day Association’s “Tree City USA”, its not a secret Evanston takes pride in protecting the environment. The environmental action group was launched out of our Big Ideas Event in 2017. It is dedicated to raising awareness around the environmental issues of our time and encouraging immediate environmental action on the local level.
What is happening with the EAG?
- 4/20 Celebrating earth day with a neighborhood pickup of trash and recyclables that have piled up over the winter.
- Developing a parkway tree maintenance training initiative for DPOE members.
- Developing proposal to DPOE’s board of directors to apply for recognition under COE Sustain Evanston program.
- Developing plan to ensure consistent pressure is applied to the city to meet its commitment to the Climate Action and Resilience Plan.
- Discussing resolution for DPOE membership’s vote at July annual meeting encouraging the Pritzker Administration to position the state of Illinois for leadership in U.S. Climate Alliance.